Following on the huge success of #OFFSKETCHGalway last year, local artists in association with Illustrator's Ireland and Powell's Four Corners bring you #OFFSKETCH GALWAY!
HOW IT WORKS:
Spend a creative day roaming through Galway and sketching what you see. #OFFSKETCH gives you the chance to discover the joy of creating images on-the-go with a group of lively like-minded sketchers!
We’ve selected a handful of Galway-centre locations, (including indoor and outdoor venues). Whether you’re a busker-watcher, a food-connoisseur or a building-junkie, there’ll be plenty to keep you satisfied!
• Mark Saturday 14th May in your diary. Allow for a full day!
• Meet-up 9.30am UPSTAIRS at: Powell's Four Corners, Shop Street
• Receive your free sketch book (thank you Powell's!) and browse for art materials that you may need instore.
• Follow our OFFSKETCH Guides as they weave their way to some wonderful sketching locations in the centre of Galway.
• Why not bring a packed lunch to enjoy by the river or grab a bite in one of Galway’s great eateries
• Hand in your sketchbook at 4pm and at 5pm meet back at Galway 2020 Hub to enjoy some refreshments and an exhibition of #OFFSKETCH Galway books!
CHECKLIST of things that you may need on the day:
1. A sketchbook if you use a preferred type. (we provide A4 or A5)
2. A selection of pencils, pens, watercolours
whatever media you want to draw with.
3. Water-proofs, warm clothes & comfy shoes!
4. A packed lunch or a few euro to cover a sandwich and coffee.
Also, while we are using buildings and landmarks as focal points, please feel free to sketch whatever and however you feel comfortable with! Not a fan of buildings? .... Sketch people!
Also, take photos as you go along and post to Twitter using #offsketch. See what your fellow OFFSKETCHers are doing!
Click the "Buy Now" button above now to secure your ticket, and don't forget to tell your friends - we can only accommodate a certain number of people!
There's no pressure to perform masterworks here! We just want you to have fun!